Friday, June 15, 2012

Adios, Mindo


On day 8 of our adventure, we hiked as a group to the same mist-netting center we went to the day before. There, we painted signs, helped repair stairs, and chopped wood to fulfill our community service goal. I was really happy to be able to help such a good cause…  now that I have experienced the rain forest first-hand, I appreciate how important its conservation is. After completing our jobs, we hiked back into town where we ate a big lunch. After lunch, we had our last lecture from Massimo. I loved hearing about his experiences as a photographer and was sad to see him go. Later, we had a pretty relaxing afternoon, playing mafia and telling scary stories. For dinner, we enjoyed another Italian-inspired thing… a meal of pizza. When we got back to the lodge, we played mafia yet again with the leaders this time. I am pretty proud to say that I correctly guessed the killer in both rounds! After the intense game, we all went to bed, locking our doors and feeling a little crept out from our day of horror stories. It was a great last night in Mindo and I am so excited to go back to Quito and then to the most anticipated stop of our trip: the Amazon jungle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment