Friday, June 15, 2012

Two Places at Once



On the way to Mindo, we stepped on the Equator. I was in the northern and southern hemispheres at the same time!! We made sure to take a Chacos picture which will be submitted to the Chacos website soon. At the Equator, we went into a "beetle house," where I held a HUGE beetle. I will load a picture soon, but the picture doesn't do my fear any justice. I might look like I'm laughing, but in reality it was a mix between tears, screams, and hyperventilating. So far, Mindo is great. It feels like we are in the middle of the rainforest… I guess we really are! At the same time though, there is a lot of human life going on around us. The town is filled with busy restaurants and tons of pedestrians. Everyone so far is so welcoming! I can't wait to talk to the locals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment