Friday, June 15, 2012

Another great day!


I can't believe that we are already a third of the way done with our trip! Today, like most days so far, went by inexplicably quickly. I awoke to the sound of Sarah Jane's alarm going off at five forty five. Tired but ready for a day of adventure, I sat myself up when I realized that I didn't have to get up for another three hours because I was in a different group for activities… That's a good way to start the day! Talk about putting me in a good mood. When I finally did wake up, I played cards (and WON!) with Michael, Haley, and Lauren. After a big breakfast of eggs, toast, and fruit, we headed for the rain forest. We took a cable car across the canopy, which provided us with breathtaking views. Later, we hiked for a few hours, stopping at a waterfall here or there. I was in paradise! The journey was made more interesting by Nikki, a woman who has been guiding us through Mindo. She had something to say about just about every critter we came across. We worked up a big appetite during our hike so we headed to lunch afterwards. In the afternoon, we had our photos critiqued by Massimo. I love to hear what he has to say about all of our photos. To wrap up our day, we had a big dinner of… drum roll please: Rice, yucca, beef, and lentils, and soup. No surprise there, we eat those five dishes at least twice a day here. Don’t get me wrong though, the food was delicious! Full from dinner and drowsed by the pouring rain of the forest, I am writing this post. I better get some sleep though, because tomorrow is my day to get up at five forty five. Oh well, I'm sure it will be a fun day as usual! Expect another post soon, but until then, BUENAS NOCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment